JOIN OUR HUI(club)! HI Tech Hui isn’t looking for IT professionals who just get the job done: we hire people who want to make an IMPACT in their company while actively advancing their career.
Our passionate team of A-players have worked for Hawaii’s largest businesses and global Fortune 500 firms. We imagine a world where businesses can focus on making a positive impact on the world we live in, using great technology, supported by great people, that simply works the way it’s supposed to!
And… We’re hiring like crazy right now! Looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our team, this means plenty of growth potential and opportunities for you, that’s right, YOU!
Why Join Us?
This is not your typical office job.
We’re an energetic, fun, focused, and effective group who thrives on big challenges. We have a strong culture of ohana, imua, and aloha that fosters minds who wish to experience personal and professional growth on another level.
We work hard, so we take our fun seriously. As a team member, not only will you contribute to state of the art and innovative projects and build a professional career, you’ll also enjoy the benefits that turn your job into a passion.
Why Else Should YOU Become HI Tech Hui’s A-Team Member?
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid medical, vision and dental for qualified employees
- Mileage reimbursement
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Technical training from the industry’s leading cybersecurity providers
- Personal development training
- Work with a friendly, fun and accessible team; you’ll always have someone to help you out, teach you something new or grab lunch with
- Snacks! A hungry worker is an angry worker and we can’t have that. Our office is always stocked with snacks on the shelf and drinks in the fridge.
- Parties! Keep your calendar full with regular social and community events, including pau hana’s, volunteer opportunities, conferences and more
Oh, and one more thing, resumes are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?!? Cover Letters! Ones that are specially written just for HI Tech Hui to tell us how awesome you are. Hook us up with one of those bad boys, because we love those things!
Even cooler than, cover letters? Cover videos 🙂
If inside you’re saying “Hell Yeah!” please continue…
Our Legendary Remote Support Analyst position will be a key role in the future success of our organization. There are exciting opportunities to truly make a difference in our company and build a team to help drive our vision forward of helping entrepreneurs build successful high-growth businesses that will shape the world.
Ok, now on to the serious stuff…
This is an awesome opportunity for someone who:
- Loves a faster-paced, NO DRAMA workplace where office politics, gossip and negativity aren’t tolerated.
- Wants a company that truly CARES about its customers and employees.
- Is extremely detail-oriented and appreciates people who take an organized, systematic approach to achieving success.
- Likes to work in a small company where your input, contributions and ideas will directly impact the company’s growth and success.
- Is a quick, self-motivated learner who wants to work for a company that will invest in your education and training.
- Enjoys having conversations with (and helping) small business owners.
- Loves building relationships with people and providing a true “Wow” experience.
- Wants a position that will offer upward earning and career advancement.
Our Remote Support Analyst position will be a key role in the future success of our organization. There are exciting opportunities to truly make a difference in our company and build a team to help drive our vision forward of helping entrepreneurs build successful high-growth businesses that will shape the world. Applicants must possess:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Network+, Server+, Microsoft MCSA, Microsoft MCSE, or equivalent certification/experience.
Don’t have it? Please don’t apply.
Here are some skills you need to be AWESOME at to succeed in this position:
- 1-2 years of support/help desk experience
- 3-5 years of network administration and system administration experience
- Verbal communication: A good, strong phone presence and understanding of English with minimal use of slang language is required. Excels at communicating technical concepts and instructions to non-technical people over the phone.
- Written communication: Must be able to convey thoughts in clear and concise writing. This includes the proper use of capitalization, punctuation, spelling and grammar. As with verbal communication, the ideal candidate excels at communicating technical concepts and instructions to non-technical people over email.
- The ability to follow instructions and process is a MUST
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper-V, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and maintaining helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
And here are primary responsibilities you must be capable of completing in order to succeed in this position:
- Provide full-service technical support to various SMB’s in the state of Hawaii
- Champion support efforts, making sure all servers, workstations, networks, applications, and related problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions and ALOHA!
- Check, respond to and resolve help desk tickets
- Check remote monitoring portals and resolve any alerts
- Check daily backups for warnings/errors and resolve
- Maintain and update systems documentation
- Generate monthly reports for clients and accounting
- Provide configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and reliable operation of the following:
- Desktop applications including Office productivity suites and line-of-business applications
- Cloud environments such as Office 365 and Google G Suite
- Email and messaging systems
- Anti-virus/malware applications
- Data backup solutions
- Firewalls, routers and switches
- Server and desktop patch management
- Internet connectivity
- Remote access and VPN
- Internet domain registration and DNS
- Windows Active Directory
- Power and UPS systems
- Stand-alone and network printers
- Microsoft Windows and Linus servers
- Microsoft Windows desktops and laptops
- Storage (SAN/NAS)
- Provide user training and classes
- Other special projects as assigned
Finally, these are skills that we hope you have but if you meet the above, we’re will to get you there:
- VMware, HPE, Dell or other technical certification preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
Again, please apply ONLY if you have an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience and have CompTIA Network+, Server+, Microsoft MCSA, Microsoft MCSE, or equivalent certification/experience. And please don’t exaggerate your skills on your resume…it’s a character thing and we WILL find out.
Sound like you? Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time