Lessons learned from the Equifax breach:
- Patch Management – Know your environment and patch EVERYTHING. Not just Microsoft products and operating systems.
- Really…Patch Management! – 80% of all breaches are a result of poor patch management.
- Don’t put customer information on the internet – And if you absolutely have to, make sure it is encrypted.
- Put measures in place to detect intrusions – Most breaches are detected after hackers have been on a system for 90+ days.
- Get an experienced incident response team – Remember that public relations responses are JUST as important as technical responses.
- Cyber Insurance – Make sure you have adequate coverage and that your systems meet the requirements for your policy.
To join us at our next Microsoft Store event, sign up for updates below.