What Is DFARS?
NIST Special Publication 800-171 Protecting Covered Defense Information in Nonfederal Systems and Organizations, otherwise known as DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), details the fourteen families of security requirements (including basic and derived requirements) for protecting the confidentiality of Covered Defense Information (CDI).
The target audience for NIST 800-171 is both public and private sectors including:
- Companies with information system development life cycle responsibilities
- Companies with acquisition or procurement responsibilities
- Companies with information system, security, and/or risk management and oversight responsibilities
- Companies with information security assessment and monitoring responsibilities
Becoming DFARS Compliant
Hi Tech Hui wants to enable your business to achieve compliance with NIST Special Publication 800-171 Protecting Covered Defense Information in Nonfederal Information Systems and Organizations. Our team of experts are unmatched in experience interpreting the NIST 800-171 requirements, solving for operational issues, and implementing the controls required to protect covered defense information in a manner that noticeably shows compliance.
Hi Tech Hui’s DFARS Services
Our services enable you to understand and take the required action to meet the basic and derived security requirements for protecting the confidentiality of CDI. We uniquely understand both the basic CDI security requirements, obtained from Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) Publication 200, and the derived security requirements, taken from the security controls in NIST Special Publication 800-53 in a way that can be translated into your day to day operations.
Here Is Why:
- Our professional services team has been working with the emerging and now mandatory DFARS compliance requirements
- Our professional services team has truly walked a mile in your shoes having come from operational roles in the defense industry implementing the very controls required for DFARS compliance.
- We understand the practical realities of implementing controls like multi-factor authentication in an operational environment on a limited budget. Our professional services tailor the control implementations to fit your reality and achieve compliance.
Don’t trust your compliance with NIST 800-171 to a consulting company, instead partner with HI Tech Hui. No other vendor in Hawaii has our depth of experience with the DFARS cyber security requirements.