Cyber Hygiene Event with Oceanit and HI Tech Hui
When: Friday, March 9, 2018
Session Time: 12.00-1.00 PM HST
Location: Oceanit Duke Design Lab
828 Fort Street Mall, Suite 600
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Join HTH and Oceanit for a free Keeping Good Cyber Hygiene Habits Brown Bag Event
While cyber hygiene isn’t an ironclad protection, it’s important for everyone in contact with your network, from the CEO to the lowly intern, to act securely with these ten tips:
- Keep an inventory of hardware and software on the company network.
- Develop a process for software installation by end users. That could include limiting installation of trusted software or prohibiting and blocking all installation without prior approval from IT.
- Educate users on practicing good cyber behavior, including password management, identifying potential phishing efforts, and which devices to connect to the network.
- Identify vulnerable applications that aren’t in use and disable them.
- Consistently back up data and keep multiple copies. Consider using a secure cloud solution as well as
- Turn to industry-accepted secure configurations/standards like NIST and CIS Benchmark. These can help organizations define items like password length, encryption, port access, and double authentication.
- Patch all applications right away–regularly. Unpatched systems are one the biggest risk factors in attacks.
- Create complex passwords.
- Limit the number of users with administrative privileges.
- Upgrade aging infrastructure and systems.
- Pack a lunch, and join us to learn more about good cyber hygiene. Please register with us here.
Our experience with HI Tech Hui and Cylance has been very positive
Two weeks after I started here we got hit with crypto. Our other antivirus we had didn’t block it. Same story... Big hassle to stop the crawling, then restore from backup. I’ve had experiences in the past with other AV products and none of them worked. Our experience with HI Tech Hui and Cylance has been very positive. The roll out was very easy. We just did a version upgrade and it took about 15 min to update all workstations! Most of our discoveries so far have been adware stuff. Outside of that very quiet so that’s a good thing.
Honolulu Cookie Company
Register By Completing
The Form Below: